Servant Leadership Foundational Training
Servant Leadership – Level I
This program will provide leaders with an introduction to servant leadership and a roadmap to begin the personal work required to become an authentic servant leader. The course:
- Discusses the history of servant leadership, its roots, origins, and purpose, and dispels the myth that leaders are only found at the “top” of an organizational chart.
- Examines the organization’s and leaders’ personal values and seeks to align them, and explores how leaders practice service in everyday actions.
- Helps leaders improve servant-led team effectiveness and clarify their team’s servant leadership roles, goals, and major communication messages.
- Strengthens attitudinal and behavioral skills in building trusted relationships through managing the mind and emotions, listening for understanding, and knowing how and when to pause and reflect to renew and refresh one’s own leadership intention.
- Identifies the contributions leaders can make each day, one action at a time, one person at a time.
Servant Leadership – Level II
This course will help leaders create a shared vision for transforming their organizations based on a clear vision, mission, and values, and a model of leadership that will demonstrate a proven return on investment. This course:
- Assumes participants have completed the Level I program to ensure a common framework, language and understanding of servant leadership.
- Enables participants to use their organization’s vision, mission and values as the foundation for transforming their organizational culture. Other key topics include examining and changing beliefs to achieve positive outcomes, identifying and using motivated strengths to achieve maximum impact in influencing, and providing developmental feedback.
- Places emphasis on interactive discussion, mini-meetings, case studies, experiential learning, application and practice exercises that demonstrate servant leadership behaviors.
- Ensures participants leave with their own servant leadership execution strategy for achieving and sustaining successful cultural change in their organization through inspiring and equipping those they serve.
Servant Leadership – Level III
This five-module course promotes and reinforces servant leadership behaviors and skills. It is geared for leaders who want to enhance their skills in practicing servant leadership to lead and build effective teams and develop individual performance. This course:
- Assumes participants have completed the Level I and II programs to ensure a common framework, language, and understanding of servant leadership.
- Asks key questions to help participants understand how they can implement servant leadership in everyday actions and difficult situations.
- Examines how to earn the perception of “behaving the talk” and what the consequences are for not modeling servant leadership behaviors at all levels of the organization.
- Teaches methods to inspire and equip as a servant leader to:
- Develop great team
- Resolve conflict
- Practice accountability
- Produce results
- Achieve excellence
- Prepare and practice influencing in different situations
- Handle difficult interactions and conversations
- Give and receive feedback
Who Should Attend?
Individuals in leadership positions who wish to positively impact the people they serve.
All training programs are highly interactive and use a variety of instructional tools, including case studies, use of “real-time” workplace challenges, interactive discussions, role playing, writing exercises, team building games and exercises, videos, and question and answer periods.